Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Glassware Supplies and other Restaurant Supplies topics.
Libbey Glassware, a top company that provides glass drinkware, servingware and accessories for the foodservice industry, has five different ways to keep your glass products in good shape.
1. Libbey "DuraTuff" treatment: a special thermal after-process for "pressed" tumblers and stemware. The DuraTuff process is performed only on the upper portion of pressed tumblers and stemware to increase their resistance to thermal and mechanical shock. The benefit to the user is less breakage, which equates to lower glassware costs, which means higher profits.
2. Heat-treated: for tumblers and stemware, created through a special heating and rapid cooling process after the glass is formed. This secondary process on "blown" glassware is performed only on the upper portion of the glass where most abuse occurs. The benefit is more durable product that resists breakage.
3. Libbey's "SheerRim/D.T.E." (Dura Temp Edge): stemware and tumblers feature a beadless edge which is first polished to produce a fine, yet durable edge. This creates a combination of elegance and affordability in glassware for operators looking to upgrade their beverage service, while still maintaining longer service life. Longer service life with this elegant look results in lower glassware costs (vs. the higher priced brands) and higher profits.
4. Libbey's "Safedge" rim guarantee: one of Libbey's signature guarantees. If the rim of any glass covered by the Safedge guarantee chips, Libbey will replace or refund the price of the glass when it it returned to the distributor from whom it was originally purchased. This guarantee does not cover breakage.
5. "Safedge" rim and foot guarantee: if the rim or foot of any one-piece stemware item chips, Libbey guarantees to replace or refund the price of the glass when it is returned to the distributor from whom it was originally purchased. This guarantee covers such lines as Estate, Chivalry, Embassy, Perception, Lexington, Catalina and Teardrop. This guarantee does not cover breakage.
|Jennifer Mathes, Ph.D.|